04 April 2014

Office Options

Springtime means lots of cleaning out and reorganizing-- and that's just what I've been doing in our "home office."

I tried to make the the best of the space when we first moved in. The room has a jade green carpet that had to stay, so I decided to use my favorite color combo of pink and green. I found this Animal Crackers print from Lilly Pulitzer for throw pillows for the desk chair and futon.



Playing on the theme, I added a knock off Dash and Albert pink leopard hooked rug. While it was a steal, it probably wasn't the best decision. It's not nearly as durable or attractive as the real Dash and Albert rugs, and it's too small for the space. I've tried to fix my mistake and replace it with the real thing, but...everyone must love pink leopard. It seems to be discontinued or sold out everywhere!


I still like the color combo and theme, but I'm longing for some new shelving and a few upgrades. Moving my desk underneath the window would be an easy change.



                                                                   Via Pebbles Studio

This desk area has bright pops of color with tons of space to organize.


I'm still in love with my lucite ghost chair from Ikea. Although I've never sat in the style below, I imagine that the design of mine is far more comfortable. No arms on mine, but the sloping seating area and flexible back make it one of the most comfortable desk chairs I've ever used.

via The Doctor's Closet

This color combo- leopard and tangerine is so beautiful. A corkboard is a must for any home office, and Julia from Pawley's Island Posh (love her!) made hers one of the focal points of this area. 


With the Sailor's encouragement, I've used some pretty bold colored paint in our house. But what I would really like to do is try a patterned wall-- The question is whether to try stripes...

via Ashley Ella Design


Or dots...?


Another area incorporating some of my favorites-- Bright colors and animal print. Fresh flowers help pretty it up too! If I had a photo like that one above my desk, my productivity would definitely suffer from me getting lost in the beach scene all too often.


This is a work-in-progress space if you can believe it! Head on over to the Nesting Place to see the before photos. 


I already have some of the elements I want in my home office, but I guess mine should be considered a work-in-progress too! Stay tuned for more office updates. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS