15 April 2014

Southern Sensibilities

Just as soon as I get my hopes up-- Winter rears its ugly head again here in the northeast?! After a beautiful weekend (hello, perfect temps in the high 60s!), there's snow in the forecast here in upstate NY AGAIN. Yuck. 


Guess I'll just have to keep bringing spring inside and buying fresh flowers in the meantime...


Fortunately, the Sailor and I were able to take advantage of the nice weather this weekend, and we spent a ton of time outdoors. I got in my first real long run of spring on Saturday afternoon. And we fulfilled the role of happy homeowners on Sunday morning with a trip to Home Depot, where the haul included a power washer. Not going to hide the fact that I'm psyched to give it a try one of these days!

My parents came for a BBQ on Sunday afternoon. The warm weather inspired menu included pulled pork, cole slaw, cornbread and sweet tea. I finally perfected recipes for pulled pork and cole slaw, but the sweet tea neeed help. Any advice from my southern friends would be more than welcome!


Here are a couple of other things on my radar this week...

Moon and Lola
I found out about this jewelry website (actually a shop based in NC) this week, and it was instant love! As soon as I stumbled upon it, I knew that it would be a great find since the name coincidentally combines two of my favorite personalities --one of my dearest friends and #LolaLove.

This one's from the iphone archives...
Here she is the day I adopted her.


In step with the theme of all things southern, I found this Moon and Lola piece that was featured in Southern Living. It's quite the statement necklace!




Ashley Ella Design is my new crush! She's a teacher by day and graphic designer in her spare time. But it's her eye for interiors and fashion that I envy. Check out her nest, where you'll see palettes like the one below--pink and green and animal print. We're kindred spirits!



Happy (almost) hump day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS